Friday, October 8, 2010

What Brings You Joy?

Hello! Welcome to my first ever blog post! Hurray! This blog is for my Honors Studio class and other artsy related things. So if you like what I post then great! But if you don't, then don't let the door hit you on your way out. Not that blogs have doors... Oh you know what I mean. Moving on....

So in art class a few weeks ago we had a project called "What brings you joy?" For this project I chose to draw a series of 3 colored pencil drawings of my dig, Finn. Here they are...





What do you think? I like them, but they are not my favorite. I mean, I'm proud of them, but they just aren't my best. I think that my best medium is oil paint, so I tend to like my paintings better. My favorite I think is the middle image.

So In this series we had to pick what brings us joy, and draw 3 or more pieces. They had to be unified by colors, markings, and subject. I used mostly neutrals with an occasional cool color like in the background of the 3rd in the series. I used the style I usually use when using pencil, which is crosshatching. That’s just how I learned to draw with pencil, and I think the crosshatching texture looks nice against Finn's white face.

Sooooooooo, I hope you like this blog, and read it occasionally. I have to post on it all year, and hopefully my work will improve. Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment