Friday, October 22, 2010

Sketchedy Something

Helloooooo! Today I'm posting about some of my favorite sketches in my sketchbook! Most of them are from last year. Well, all of them... anyway, here they are


This is my converse sketch done with vine charcoal. After I did this, I turned it into an oil painting. I quite like it. I'm not a big fan of charcoal, I always end up getting covered in it...



Here is the painting. Its one of my best (but hey, I've only done 4...) and this summer I entered it in our county farm fair and got senior champion! Woooo. Its definitely one of my favorites.


This was a self protrait sketch using a christmas ball instead of a mirror. It was a rather interesting experience, but it turned out alright. It is just a sketch after all...


This is a free-time drawing, which I do very rarely. I drew this on a saturday sometime last year. One of my favorite sketches, and it is of my lovely sister Emily. She was not happy with it at first, but I think she secretly loves it.


This is just a homework assignment, took me maybe 15 minutes to do. I love my aviators though. Its a shame they got sat on...


Little microlab excersize about merging. Its pretty good I guess.
.

Ahhh, I love this. It took me forever to do this one. This is a crop of a Botticelli I believe. I think that is what my art teacher said. Anyway, we had to do this as an assignment over christmas break and it was a pain. It turned out really nice though.

Thats it for now. Next time I'll probably do a mishmash of my paintings, oil pastels and big charcoal drawings. That is, unless we finish another art project. Stop by again! Or not. Its your loss if you don't.

1 comment:

  1. I really really really like the painting of the converses! Not even joking with you, it is just so great and I love the texture you used.

    ReplyDelete